Friday, November 6, 2009

Fractured K9 in German Shepherd Dog, Schutzhund?

I have a one year old German Shepherd female, I bought to train for schutzhund, she somehow cracked her tooth around 6 months of age, it runs completely down the side of the k9. I don't have the money to fix it right now, it could take me a good 6 months to get it... does anyone know how long it would take for the tooth to decay and fall out? Also, if it does, can I have a tooth implanted and her still be accepted for being titled? I realize an implant will be awfully expensive, but I am too stubborn to give up on such a good dog.

Fractured K9 in German Shepherd Dog, Schutzhund?
You should ask your vet if there is any temporary solution since teeth are delicate issue. Caries (decay) is a problem which can cause other serious problems in future. Basically they prevent your dog from eating and therefore may cause serious weight lose. So it is not a good idea to leave a tooth to decay. You should talk to your vet and ask for help according to your financial worries.





Good luck



mens health

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive