Friday, November 6, 2009

Implant or extraction before braces?

I am supposed to get braces in the next two months however, my orthodonist stated that because I had a tooth extracted in the back that he suggests getting an implant or having the top tooth pulled. Implants are costly and are out of my price range so I will have to go with getting the tooth extracted. I am curious if I wil have to get the tooth pulled first before the braces?? At the counsultation, I was informed that the braces would be put on first for two years and then pull the tooth. This seems backwards. Moreoever, I was informed that I may want to reconsider the implant instead. I believe that I was told this in order to make the office some money. Clearly, I cannot afford this plus the cost of braces.

Implant or extraction before braces?
I think your orthodontist feels the implant is the best way to go, and while removing another tooth is an option it is certainly not his first choice. I don't think he/she is telling you this for financial gain.


Get another opinion if you are not happy with the advise.
Reply:when i had braces i had to have 4 permanent teeth pulled, my bicuspids...wasnt too bad. the braces were worse than getting my teeth pulled



credit cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive