Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Flipper or Implant?

I was wondering can a teenager(14) get a tooth implant even though my jaw is still growing a LITTLE BIT IF ANY AT ALL(growth spurt is finished) because I only have one tooth in the front and I want 2 implants but my mom said I can't becuz I'm still growing and I haven't been to the orthodontist in a few years to see if I can get some. If I can't will I be able to get a flipper and can you eat with one becuz I'd wear it all the time and wouldn't want to take it out except for when I get home?

Flipper or Implant?
if you get one now and you are still growing it may affect the final look of the implant. Usually they are buried underneath the gums and then a crown is placed on top. If your face is still growing the implant part may show and your tooth will look fake.





Call a periodontist or oral surgeon to get the final say.





Another solution is a Maryland bridge. Very conservative and may give you the esthetics that you are looking for until it's time for an implant. Plus it's not removable.
Reply:I had the same problem you have.. I had to wait until I stopped growing!





I also had braces until I was 19.. I couldn't get the implant until they came off!



office supply

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive