Friday, October 23, 2009

Have you ever had a tooth implant and what did this feel like? was it weird? uncomfortable?comfortable?

and was it REAL expensive?

Have you ever had a tooth implant and what did this feel like? was it weird? uncomfortable?comfortable?
I just had an implant put in 3 weeks ago. It wasn't the worst thing ever, the dentist shot me up with tons of novicaine. The worst was that my ridge is too narrow so he had to widen it, by like hammering into my mouth. I was sore that night and a little the next day but he prescribed me some motrin so it was fine. Now i have to see him like every week for 15 minutes to make sure it is healing properly. The only thing that bothers me now are the stitches that are still in, and my fake tooth fits differently. It is expensive, insurance really doesn't cover any of it, I think it's going to be like $4500 total.
Reply:I had an implant done about 10 years ago. It was about 4500.00 total, including the crown. It was a 13 month process as I needed to have bone grafted from my chin and allowed to grow in my gum. It was a long 13 months and the first surgery was very painful for a couple of days afterward. I was very swollen from all the bone work. I must say that while the original tooth is always the best choice, mine turned out great. My teeth all look fantastic. Mine had to be done because of an injury from childhood and had done all the root canals they could on it. I would do it again.



handbags

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive