Friday, October 23, 2009

Gum graft question?

Could you get a gum graft over a 'fake tooth' (implant, crown, etc.).





With this example here, the gums don't completely go over the fake tooth. Would a gum graft be possible to cover up the spaces you could see around the fake tooth ?





http://www.supersmiledocs.com/images/mis...








*I know there are some dentists and dental assistants that provide answers here and that is why I ask.





I'll ask my own dentist next week when we meet but I just really need to know and have some idea.

Gum graft question?
I had grafting on 3 natural teeth so I'm no expert but, I know you can't. There is nothing for the tissue to attach to. Tissue will not graft to a crown or pontic or implant because there is no blood supply. I think the question is why is your tissue receding over this spot. Good luck at the dentist!




hotels reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive