Thursday, March 11, 2010

I have a question about jaw surgery...?

My jaw grew in such a way that the right side of my jawbone grew more than the left, giving me a crooked jaw (think of Dominic Monaghan from Lord of the Rings and Lost). I want to get this fixed. The problem is that my teeth grew into this, so if I get my jaw fixed, I'll basically have to get my teeth realigned. So I have a few questions:





1) How much would it be to get my jaw fixed (I just need a ballpark estimate here) ?


2) My teeth aren't exactly the prettiest; would it be easier to have braces put on them, or to get some of my teeth replaced with implants?


3) Exactly what would the jaw-fixing procedure entail (I've talked to a doctor about it before, but that was years ago)?





Thanks!

I have a question about jaw surgery...?
Your best bet would be to go to a few orthodontists in your area for a (usually free) consultation. Orthodontists work closely with oral surgeons on cases like yours, and they will be able to tell you the cost for both the oral surgery and the coinciding orthodontic treatment, as well as details about the surgical and orthodontic procedures and what the expected outcome will be. Also, if you are considering implants (not a good idea for just prettiness as you can get a crown or veneer) or other cosmetic work tell your orthodontist as it will effect the treatment and they will want to work with your dentist as well.



exchange rate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive