Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Will I be able to fix my jaw?

Kinda a long story, but I had braces when i was younger and I was very stupid and didn't take care of my teeth. Needless to say, I had to have them taken off and had to get all my front teeth crowned and one implant. My question is: will they still be able to fix my bite and get me ready for orthognathic surgery? My jaw looks absolutely terrible (one side goes back farther than the other and I ahve an overbite). I know it's more complicated with crowns and an implant, but is it possible? I'm so unhappy with the way my jaw makes my face look .. I've even considered suicide (i know this isn't the section for that)... I just want re-assurance that this can be corrected.

Will I be able to fix my jaw?
Holy Cow!!! Yes, they can fix the problem. At the very most you may want your crowns redone if the alignment is not right after surgery, but I bet it will be fine with these crowns. Orthognathic surgery is very common these days. You'll be back in braces for a while afterwards, and you'll most likely lose some weight because of your jaw being wired together for a few weeks. NOTHING is worse than not being here.....surgery, crooked jaw or anything else. Hang in there and good luck.
Reply:HELLO,


A GOOD DENTAL TEAM APPROACH CAN WORK MIRACLES. LET THE TEAM DO THIS FOR YOU, PLEASE STICK AROUND AND DON'T CONSIDER THE ALTERNATIVE :-)



HORSE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive