Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What would you do? dental question?

Today my crown that I have had since I was in the 4th grade(14 yrs ago) broke off. I do not have dental insurance because I just finished school and have not started a job. The tooth is in the back ( not visible) and does not really hurt. I don't know if I need to get the nub removed or leave it until I have money to do something else. I am a little worried that if I remove the "nub" and cannot do anything else with the space like a bridge or implant that my teeth will shift. I am very unsure about what to do. Also any suggestions on dental insurance that I can afford on an interns salary would be perfect.

What would you do? dental question?
See a dentist and hopefully it can be re-cemented, which is inexpensive. Explain your current situation with the dentist, he will try to make the crown fit back on if at all possible. By the way, all crowned "teeth" look like nubs. If you can see it then most likely your in good shape. Don't wait too long on having this done since the other teeth will drift. Good luck!
Reply:if the crown is in tact it can possibly go back onto the "nub". that nub is yuor tooth and let's hope it's not decayed where it has to be removed. you will need to have the crown redone. you're lucky 14 years is a good life span.



downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive