Sunday, March 14, 2010

Is bonding a tooth an alternative to an implant and veneers?

I had a tooth that was extracted the lower molar (furthest back) because it was too decayed and the dentist recommended it. The one on the other side is pretty bad.





I am supposed to get an implant to replace the missing tooth.. It is exensive as all heck (2500 total). I am having trouble swinging that let alone a second.





I was searching and came across bonding. Apparrently it is not as permanent a solution, but can it be used in this case.





The remaining tooth cracked decayed and cavitied.. about 60% of the tooth above the gumline is missing.





From what I have read, it is much much less about 300-500.

Is bonding a tooth an alternative to an implant and veneers?
Yes, it is much less. I have had it done and can not suggest it in good conscience. It looks good for about a year than it get discolored and looks horrid. It last that long IF you follow the rules, only certain tooth pastes so they don't scratch the bond and let it stain easier, no smoking or coffee or it happens that much faster. I did not learn after one time I had it done twice and it looks even worse the second time. If you have the means, though VERY expensive I agree, go with the veneer.
Reply:bonding can only be done to a tooth, notice I said a tooth and since the tooth is missing the only thing that can now be done is to either leave it missing which will cause other problems or to replace it. Find out what other alternatives that can be done from your dentist.



windows installer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive