Sunday, March 14, 2010

Underbite/Crossbite because of previous orthodontic treatment?

Okay, so I got braces when I was 11 (almost about four years ago). Since my top row of teeth were a bit crowded, my orthodontist suggested extracting both of my second premolars. He didn't extract any teeth from the bottom row since they weren't crowded at all and were pretty much perfectly fine. Three years later after I finally got my braces off, my bite started to feel really weird. I can't really explain but my teeth seemed really unbalanced. I mean I now have 12 teeth at the top and 14 at the bottom. When I push my lower jaw up/forward a bit, I have a really awkward underbite! When I visited another dentist recently he told me I have a really horrible crossbite because of what my previous orthodontist did! He was suggesting that I get two teeth from the bottom row extracted to even it out and to get braces again. I'm honestly not too happy with this idea. Is it possible to push my front teeth forward to fix the underbite and get dental implants for the teeth that were extracted ?

Underbite/Crossbite because of previous orthodontic treatment?
IN THE WARNING FORM WHICH YOUR PARENTS SIGNED AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR TREATMENT THERE WERE WARNING OF POTENTIAL PROBLEMS SUCH AS THIS. IF YOU WENT AGAINST THE ADVICE OF THE DENTIST THEN YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS PROBLEM.
Reply:hey..don't get so disheartened.the crossbite needs to be corrected n the method suggested by ur second dentist makes sense to me.i know its a hassle now but get it done n be done with it.pls don't consider pushin the front teeth forward n getting implants..u'll have problems in the future



C#

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive