Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Implant or Bridge?

I broke my front tooth and the dentist suggested an implant or a bridge to replace it. My other front tooth is fine, and the tooth on the other side of the broken one already has a root-canal so I don't know which to choose. The bridge will be cheaper, but I'll have to sacrifice my good front tooth to replace the missing one.





My dentist recommended the implant because she said after the tooth is removed the bone will start to decay and the implant will prevent this. Has anyone else had a bridge on their front teeth? Did your gums start to sag over time or anything?

Implant or Bridge?
i suggest going for the implant like your dentist recommended. You don't want to damage a perfectly fine tooth, the one next to the broke one. and the one on the other side being alredy root-canal treated is a "dead" tooth and they can be quite brittle. so you have to remember it might risky.





The bone doesn't start to decay but it shrinks and may cause you're other teeth to move slightly.



myspace images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive